Tips & FAQs
We hope you will enjoy your experience here at King's Ink. If you are new to our shop, or new to tattoos or piercings in general, here are a few bits of tattoo etiquette and answers to some frequently asked questions:
- Credit and Debit Cards are accepted. NO CHECKS.
- Walk-ins are welcome; Appointments are recommended.
- Deposits are required for all appointments and some custom designs. See our deposit policy below.
- You must be 18 years of age or older to be tattooed. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- An individual under 18 years of age can get SELECT body piercings WITH PARENTAL CONSENT ONLY.
- Positive ID is required for all ages.
- Please keep cell phone use to a minimum.
- No photography of any kind is allowed without an Artist's OK.
- Children CANNOT be left unattended at any time.
- Loud conversation/noisy children can be a distration to the artists.
- Come clean! This one should be obvious. To get a tattoo, you are going to be spending considerable time in close proximity to another person. Wash up! Don't come straight from the gym or from a long day working in the hot sun!
- Show up on time! Appointments are often booked closely together. If you are late, we may not be able to finish your tattoo in the time allotted, which could result in rescheduling. See our deposit policy below.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do tattoos/piercings hurt?
Yes... That being said, how much they hurt depends on the individual and the type of tattoo/piercing. Most tattoos only hurt slightly and only during the procedure. Most piercings only hurt briefly during the procedure.
- How much do tattoos/piercings cost?
Tattoo prices vary greatly and depend on many circumstances such as size, colors, complexity & location. Piercing prices vary as well depending on type and location.
- So how do I get a price for my tattoo/piercing?
Just stop on in to King's Ink and discuss your plans with an Artist/Piercer. WE CANNOT GIVE OUT PRICES OVER THE PHONE OR VIA EMAIL. There are just too many variables involved to accurately give you a price other than in person.
- Is there a minimum price for a tattoo?
Yes, but we do not give out any price over the phone or via email. If your tattoo will only cost the shop minimum, your Artist will tell you, otherwise its considered impolite to ask.
- Can I haggle with my artist for a lower price?
Its considered impolite to haggle with your artist over price. Doing so implies that you do not feel the Artist's work is worth the price.
All deposits are non-refundable
- If you do not show up for your appointment, cancel, or reschedule within 2 of our business days of your appointment, then you forfeit your deposit. You may reschedule 2 times. Deposit credit is valid for 60 days.
- If you shop up late for your appointment, we will try to accommodate you, otherwise you may have to reschedule, forfeiting your deposit.
- All tattoo appointments require a deposit. Larger projects may require a larger deposit. Piercing appointments require a 50% deposit. This will be applied to the price of your tattoo/piercing.
- Picture I.D. is required at all times.
- Picture I.D./birth certificate AND a parent/legal guardian (with I.D.) are required for all piercings under age 18. Other restrictions apply.
- 18+ tattooed only.
Thanks for understanding and we appreciate your business!